Thursday, March 31, 2011

Remakes

Why is the film industry so intent on taking classic films and reimagining them. The horror genre especially gets nailed with the remakes and re-tellings. I for one say fuck em all. If it's a classic, leave it the fuck alone! For every good remake, there's forty more that suck balls. I'm not going to lie, I'm always interested in them, and usually I'm utterly disappointed by them.
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake pretty much made it okay for film producers to stop coming up with original stories. Nothing can beat Tobe Hooper's masterpeice but Micheal Bay ( a former director of shitty music videos) decided to make it again. Why? Because he knew it was worth cash. And a shit ton of it. I haven't found one person who enjoyed the remake has much has the original film.
Coming soon to the remake club is Hellraiser...that's right, fucking Hellraiser. Possibly a huge contendet for greatest horror film of all time and some assholes are going to remake it. NO! I for one am boycotting the shit out of that film. Join me and tell producers and directors and "writers" that we are fucking tired of remakes. KNOCK IT THE FUCK OFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment